Indian Coal Outlook 2016
Published: Feb-2017 | Format: PDF | Enincon Consulting llp | Number of pages: 500 | Code: MRS - 90277
Indian coal imports more than tripled from 64 MT in 2010 to 194 MT in 2014 as thermal generation grew at a rapid pace, while the growth in domestic production remained low. The demand for coal continued to grow in 2015 with thermal generation up a healthy 6%. However, in 2015 the growth in domestic coal production was even higher at more than 8%, the highest growth rate in at least 11 years. With production growth exceeding consumption growth, imports started to decrease and was down 16% Year on Year (YoY) in the second half of 2015. Imports continued down in first few months of 2016 , but imports in June and July were back in growth territory. Thermal power generation growth has slowed down in recent months, leading to dipping PLFs (Plant load Factors) and hence domestic coal production has also nosedived. In August and September, the YoY production growth was negative with -6% & -10% respectively and hence Year to Date coal production came down to a spare +2%.
Key Queries Resolved
- What is the likely impact on coal imports with govt. focusing more on boosting domestic production?
- Which coal rich country may become India’s next import destination?
- What will be the regulatory and policy outlook for domestic/imported coal in India?
- What will be the Demand – Supply dynamics of coking/non coking coal by 2022?
- What will be the imported coking/non coking coal dynamics of India by 2022?
- How renewable capacity addition going to impact coal production?
- What is the future role of India in global coal trade?
- Could India significantly reduce its coal imports and under what conditions?
- What will be the fate of Coal industry in near future?
Table of Content
Contents and Coverage
- Domestic Coal Fields and Mining in India
- Indian Domestic Coal Demand Supply Dynamics 2022
- Cost Dynamics of Coal Mining in India
- Logistics of Domestic Coal in India
- Coal Washing in India
- Major Imported Coal Destinations for India
- Imported Coal Demand Supply Dynamics 2022
- Price Analysis of Imported Coal
- Quality Adjusted Price Benchmarking of Indian and International Coal
- Domestic Coal Asset Track
- Overseas Coal Asset Track
- India’s Deal and Contracts in International Market
Inquiry For Buying
Global Cardiovascular Application Market Research Report - Forecast to 2023
Global Ascites Market Research Report - Forecast to 2023
Global and Regional Rivastigmine Transdermal Patches Market 2017-2023 Production, Sales and Consumption Status and Prospects Professional Market Research Report
Global and Regional Injectable Drug Delivery Formulation Market 2017-2023 Production, Sales and Consumption Status and Prospects Professional Market Research Report
Global and Regional Vial Adapters Market 2017-2023 Production, Sales and Consumption Status and Prospects Professional Market Research ReportView More
Global Chitosan Market Set for Rapid Growth, To Reach USD 4.74 Billion by 2021
Zion Market Research has published a new report titled Chitosan Market for Water Treatment, Biomed
Development of e-commerce to Reshape Global Mobile Hotspot Router Market
Mobile hotspot is a popular feature on smart phones that provide wireless internet access on many
Global Carotenoids Market Is Expected To Reach Around USD 1.52 Billion in 2021
Zion Market Research has published a new report titled Carotenoids Market by Type (Astaxanthin, Be
Soaring Demand from Food & Beverages Industry to Act as Prime Driving for Ascorbic Acid Market, Reports Zion Market Research
Ascorbic acid is extensively available in nature, mostly rich in leafy vegetables and fresh fruits
Global Energy Management System (EMS) Market Is Set for a Rapid Growth and is Expected to Reach USD 63,161.5 million by 2021
Zion Market Research has published a new report titled Energy Management System Market (EMS) by So