Bahrain: Converged Services Presents the Most Attractive Opportunity for Telecom Operators
Published: Dec-2014 | Format: PDF | Pyramid Research | Number of pages: 28 | Code: MRS - 1999
‘Bahrain: Converged Services Presents the Most Attractive Opportunity for Telecom Operators,’ a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Bahrain’s mobile and fixed telecommunications and mobile markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Bahraini market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
In 2014, the Bahraini telecom industry will generate an estimated US$848m in service revenue, a 2.8% increase over the previous year. The data segment (mobile and fixed) is the most important growth driver; we expect it to generate $51m more revenue in 2014 than in 2013. The data segment will grow at a CAGR of 8.5% between 2014 and 2019 to reach $656m in 2019, up from $436m in 2014. This reflects the industry’s commitment to providing better connectivity by rolling out more LTE stations and improving fixed-line connectivity.
Operators are investing in LTE networks in the hope of increasing their market share. Adoption of 3G technologies in 2013 is at 63% of the mobile subscription base; we project that this will decline to 58% in 2019. This will be due to the increased availability of LTE services. The concentration of population in the major urban area of Manama and the small size of the country mean that LTE coverage in Bahrain is more extensive than in most GCC markets, edging close to 100% of the population for all three operators. LTE subscriptions are expected to reach 1.2m by 2019 or 37% of total mobile subscriptions in Bahrain, the competitive landscape will be dominated by operators’ attempts to capture as much of these as possible. This is likely to lead to falling margins as operators drop their prices and the cost advantages of implementing LTE take time to reach the bottom line.
Over the next five years, the mobile data segment will present the most attractive opportunity for operators; we expect it to generate a cumulative $2.2bn in revenue during 2015-2019. Fixed data, on the other hand, will generate $641m over the same time period. To take full advantage of this growth, Bahraini operators are looking to develop their converged offers and are competing fiercely on bundling stronger networks. We expect that customized features of converged offers, and the bundling of traditional voice and data services with new multimedia and IT services, will make them more competitive. Batelco, in particular, is in a good position to cater to the increasing demand for convergence, since it is active in all segments of the telecom sector.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Bahrain today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Bahrain’s telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Bahrain compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Bahrain.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2011 to 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Bahrain’s telecommunications markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Bahrain’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Bahrain’s mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Bahrain’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Bahrain.
Inquiry For Buying
COVID-19 Pandemic Impacts
Our Analysts and Consultants are working ceaselessly to congregate, identify, analyze, and portray the Actual Impacts of COVID-19 Global Pandemic in each of our published as well as ongoing research reports to Redefine and Revise Current and Future Market Trends, Growth Rates, And Market Size Projections across the Globe as well as in different Regions and individual Countries.
Medical QMS Software-United States Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-India Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-China Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-Asia Pacific Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-EMEA Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025View More
Along with 7 Realme Products, Realme Buds Q TWS Earbuds Will Also be Launched on May 25
Realme has added an addition in its product portfolio, i.e., the completely wireless headset Realm
iOS 13.5 and iPaDOS 13.5 Released by Apple Includes Features Relevant with COVID-19
Apple released its iOS 13.5 and iPadOS 13.5 that includes features that are appropriate for post-C
Canada and the US will no Longer Find Talc-based Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder
On Tuesday, Johnson Johnson made an official announcement that talc-based Johnsons Baby Powder wi
Foreign Investments being pulled out from Asian Countries
The world is facing one of deadliest recession of all times and amidst all these the foreign inves
Claims from the British American Tobacco that Coronavirus Vaccine Prepared by them is Ready for Human Trials
Every other region and institutions are trying out their level hard to find vaccination for COVID-