Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Hong Kong 2014
Published: Dec-2014 | Format: PDF | WealthInsight | Number of pages: 54 | Code: MRS - 2133
- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Hong Kong.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2008 (the peak before the global financial crisis) and the end of 2013. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
This report is a thorough analysis of Hong Kong's Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
- Independent market sizing of Hong Kong HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2009 to 2013
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2018
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2009-2013)
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons To Buy
- The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Hong Kong 2014 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2018.
- At the end of 2013, Hong Kong HNWIs held 40.6% (US$423.0 billion) of their wealth outside their home country, which is higher than the worldwide average of 20–30%.
- WealthInsight expects foreign asset holdings to increase to US$532.0 billion by 2018, accounting for 38.3% of total HNWI assets.
- In 2013, the Asia-Pacific region accounted for 59.6% of Hong Kong HNWIs’ foreign assets.
- It was followed by North America with 17.9%, Europe with 9.4%, South America with 8.1%, the Middle East with 2.6% and Europe with 2.4%.
- Hong Kong HNWI allocations to South America increased compared with other regions during the review period, from 5.2% in 2009 to 8.1% in 2013. Asia-Pacific was the other emerging region in terms of global investments.
- Over the forecast period, HNWIs are expected to increase their levels of investment in South America to 10.1% of foreign HNWI assets by 2018, with investments increasingly being diverted to emerging economies.
List of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: Regions in Hong Kong by Population (Volume), 2013
Table 3: Leading Foreign Private Banks in Hong Kong by local AuM (US$ million), 2013
Table 4: Leading Wealth Managers in Hong Kong by AuM (US$m), 2013
Table 5: Leading Family Offices in Hong Kong by AuM (US$m), 2013
Table 6: Wealth Management Industry – Recent Deal Activity in Hong Kong, 2014/2013
Table 7: Hong Kong Income Tax Bands (HKD), 2013–2014
Table 8: HKD per US$ Exchange Rate, 2009–2018
Table 9: Hong Kong Real GDP Growth (%), 2009–2018
Table 10: Hong Kong GDP per Capita (US$), 2009–2018
Table 11: Hong Kong Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2009–2013
Table 12: Hong Kong Commodity Indices, 2009–2018
Table 13: Hong Kong Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2007–2011
Table 14: Hong Kong Inflation Rate (%), 2009–2018
Table 15: Hong Kong Money Market Rate (%), 2009–2018
Table 16: Hong Kong Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2009–2013
Table 17: Hong Kong Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP, 2009–2018
Table 18: Hong Kong Stock Market Performance, 2009–2013
Table 19: Hong Kong HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio, 2009–2018
Table 20: Hong Kong – Appendix One
Table 21: Hong Kong – Appendix Two
List of Figures
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Map of Hong Kong
Figure 3: Hong Kong Asset Price Performance (%), 2009–2013
Figure 4: Hong Kong HNWI Performance (US$ Billions and HNWI Volume), 2009–2018
Figure 5: Hong Kong vs Global HNWIs (%), 2009–2018
Figure 6: Hong Kong Wealth Management Industry – Maturity Level of Operators, 2014
Figure 7: Hong Kong Wealth Management Industry Behavioral Mapping, 2013
Figure 8: HKD to US$ Exchange Rate, 2009–2018
Figure 9: Hong Kong Real GDP Growth (%), 2009–2018
Figure 10: Hong Kong GDP per Capita (US$), 2009–2018
Figure 11: Hong Kong Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2009–2013
Figure 12: Hong Kong Commodity Indices, 2009–2018
Figure 13: Hong Kong Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2007–2011
Figure 14: Hong Kong Inflation Rate (%), 2009–2018
Figure 15: Hong Kong Money Market Rate (%), 2009–2018
Figure 16: Hong Kong Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2009–2013
Figure 17: Hong Kong Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP, 2009–2018
Figure 18: Hong Kong Stock Market Performance, 2009–2013
Figure 19: Hong Kong HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio, 2009–2018
Figure 20: Hong Kong HNWIs – Volume by Wealth Band, 2009–2018
Figure 21: Hong Kong HNWIs – Wealth by Wealth Band (US$ Billion), 2009–2018
Figure 22: Hong Kong HNWIs – Wealth per Capita (US$ Million), 2009–2018
Inquiry For Buying
COVID-19 Pandemic Impacts
Our Analysts and Consultants are working ceaselessly to congregate, identify, analyze, and portray the Actual Impacts of COVID-19 Global Pandemic in each of our published as well as ongoing research reports to Redefine and Revise Current and Future Market Trends, Growth Rates, And Market Size Projections across the Globe as well as in different Regions and individual Countries.
Global White Marble Market Report 2020 - Industry Research Report
Global Yoga Mat Market Report 2020 - Industry Research Report
Global Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging Market Report 2020 - Industry Research Report
Global Pest Control Services Market Report 2020 - Industry Research Report
Global Hydro Processing Catalysts Market Report 2020 - Industry Research ReportView More
Germans Develop Motorized Spermbots To Solve Male Infertility Issues
A group of German researchers have developed tiny robots that can help sperm speed up its mobility
Stanford Researchers Develop A Hand-Powered Centrifuge For COVID-19 Detection
A team led by Manu Prakash at Stanford University has developed a hand-powered centrifuge that can
Tear Fluid May Help Make Early Breast Cancer Diagnosis Possible
A team of researchers from System Instruments Co., Ltd. and Kobe University has designed a tear-ba
Agar-Agar Could Now Be Used To Make Sustainable Optical Fibers
A team of researchers from the University of Campinas (UNICAMP) have recently developed an optical
Hidden Throat Cancer Could Be Detected Using Saliva
Biomedical researchers from Queensland University of Technology developed a modest saliva test to