Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Gibraltar Insurance Industry
Published: Dec-2015 | Format: PDF | Timetric | Number of pages: 45 | Code: MRS - 41113
Timetrics 'Governance, Risk and Compliance The Gibraltar Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Gibraltar.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetrics research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Gibraltar, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Gibraltar.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the countrys insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Gibraltar.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Gibraltar.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the countrys insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Gibraltar.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Gibraltar insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Gibraltar insurance industry is regulated by the Financial Services Commission.
- Insurance contracts issued in the Gibraltars insurance industry are free from premium taxes.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Gibraltar, however both life and non-life insurers are permitted to operate accident and health insurance business.
- Motor third-party liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance for insurance brokers are the key classes of compulsory insurance in the Gibraltars insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the Gibraltar insurance industry.
Table of Contents
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulations
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Motor third-party liability insurance
2.4.2 Professional indemnity for alternative investment managers
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS)
2.5.2 Financial Services Commission (FSC)
2.5.3 Gibraltar Insurance Association (GIA)
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Types of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margins
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
3.2 Contact Timetric
3.3 About Timetric
3.4 Timetrics Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Gibraltar Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Gibraltar Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: Gibraltar Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: Gibraltar Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: Gibraltar Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: Gibraltar Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Gibraltar The Three Pillars of Solvency II
Figure 2: Gibraltar Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 3: Gibraltar Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
Inquiry For Buying
Medical QMS Software-United States Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-India Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-China Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-Asia Pacific Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-EMEA Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025View More
Honeywell Introduces New Wireless Smart Thermostat
Honeywell is extending its board indoor regulators Inncom e- vitality to add a battery- configurat
Nanocoatings From Nasiol Increasingly Implemented For Buildings And Construction Applications
As the climate gets damp, customers start looking for approaches to secure their garments, furnitu
Toyota Manufactures Top Quality Mapping For Autonomous Driving With Assistance Of Automotive Sensors
It was recently reported that high-definition map-building was achieved by TRI-AD with assistance
ExxonMobil Develops Suite For Hydroprocessing Catalysts And Related Services, In Partnership With Albemarle
As per the recent reports, a new innovative suite platform was developed and introduced by two of
E-Bike Drive System Magnificently Launched By FSA
The introduction of FSAs e-bike drive system was one of the highlights at Eurobike. Next to manufa