HNWI Asset Allocation in Hong Kong 2014
Published: Dec-2014 | Format: PDF | WealthInsight | Number of pages: 63 | Code: MRS - 2132
- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Hong Kong.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2008 (the peak before the global financial crisis) and the end of 2013. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
This report provides the latest asset allocations of Hong Kong HNWIs across 13 asset classes. The report also includes projections of the volume, wealth and asset allocations of Hong Kong HNWIs to 2018 and a comprehensive and robust background of the local economy.
- Independent market sizing of Hong Kong HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2009 to 2013
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2018
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons To Buy
- The HNWI Asset Allocation in Hong Kong 2014 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- With the wealth report as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2018.
- In 2013, real estate was the largest asset class for Hong Kong HNWIs, with 34.8% of total HNWI assets, followed by business interests with 23.3%, equities with 17.9%, cash and deposits with 11.5%, fixed-income with 8.3%, and alternatives with 4.3%.
- Real estate, equities and alternatives recorded growth at respective review-period rates of 87.4%, 82.2% and 60.7%.
- Alternative assets held by Hong Kong HNWIs decreased during the review period, from 4.4% of total HNWI assets in 2009 to 4.3% in 2013. HNWI allocations to commodities increased from 1.1% of total assets in 2009 to 1.4% in 2013.
- Over the forecast period, allocations in commodities are expected to decline to 1.0% of total HNWI assets by 2018, as global liquidity will tighten due to a forecast near-term drop in demand for raw materials from China.
- In 2013, Hong Kong HNWI liquid assets amounted to US$391.9 billion, representing 37.7% of wealth holdings.
List of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: Regions in Hong Kong by Population (Volume), 2013
Table 3: Hong Kong Allocations of HNWI Assets (%), 2009–2018
Table 4: Hong Kong HNWI Holdings Growth (%), 2009–2018
Table 5: Hong Kong HNWI Alternative Asset Composition (%), 2009–2018
Table 6: Hong Kong HNWI Trends of Investments in Alternative Assets (%), 2009–2018
Table 7: Hong Kong Trends in ‘Art, Wine and Wheels’, 2009–2013
Table 8: Global Prime Real Estate Prices per m2 (US$), 2014
Table 9: Hong Kong HNWI Foreign Investment Allocations (%), 2009–2018
Table 10: Hong Kong HNWI Liquidity Breakdown (US$ Billion), 2009–2018
Table 11: Hong Kong HNWI Liquidity Breakdown (%), 2009–2018
Table 12: Hong Kong UHNWI Allocations and Share of HNWI Assets (%), 2013
Table 13: Hong Kong Income Tax Bands (HKD), 2013–2014
Table 14: HKD per US$ Exchange Rate, 2009–2018
Table 15: Hong Kong Real GDP Growth (%), 2009–2018
Table 16: Hong Kong GDP per Capita (US$), 2009–2018
Table 17: Hong Kong Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2009–2013
Table 18: Hong Kong Commodity Indices, 2009–2018
Table 19: Hong Kong Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2007–2011
Table 20: Hong Kong Inflation Rate (%), 2009–2018
Table 21: Hong Kong Money Market Rate (%), 2009–2018
Table 22: Hong Kong Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2009–2013
Table 23: Hong Kong Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP, 2009–2018
Table 24: Hong Kong Stock Market Performance, 2009–2013
Table 25: Hong Kong HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio, 2009–2018
Table 26: Hong Kong – Appendix One
Table 27: Hong Kong – Appendix Two
List of Figures
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Map of Hong Kong
Figure 3: Hong Kong Asset Price Performance (%), 2009–2013
Figure 4: Hong Kong HNWI Performance (US$ Billions and HNWI Volume), 2009–2018
Figure 5: Hong Kong vs Global HNWIs (%), 2009–2018
Figure 6: Hong Kong HNWI Asset Class Composition (%), 2009–2018
Figure 7: Hong Kong HNWI Trends in Alternative Assets (US$ Billion), 2009–2018
Figure 8: Hong Kong Trends in ‘Art, Wine and Wheels’, 2009–2013
Figure 9: Hong Kong HNWI Foreign Investment Allocation and Growth (%), 2013
Figure 10: Hong Kong HNWI Global Distribution of Foreign Investments (%), 2009–2018
Figure 11: Hong Kong HNWI Liquidity Breakdown (%), 2009–2018
Figure 12: Hong Kong UHNWI Asset Class Composition (%), 2009–2018
Figure 13: HKD to US$ Exchange Rate, 2009–2018
Figure 14: Hong Kong Real GDP Growth (%), 2009–2018
Figure 15: Hong Kong GDP per Capita (US$), 2009–2018
Figure 16: Hong Kong Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2009–2013
Figure 17: Hong Kong Commodity Indices, 2009–2018
Figure 18: Hong Kong Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2007–2011
Figure 19: Hong Kong Inflation Rate (%), 2009–2018
Figure 20: Hong Kong Money Market Rate (%), 2009–2018
Figure 21: Hong Kong Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2009–2013
Figure 22: Hong Kong Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP, 2009–2018
Figure 23: Hong Kong Stock Market Performance, 2009–2013
Figure 24: Hong Kong HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio, 2009–2018
Figure 25: Hong Kong HNWIs – Volume by Wealth Band, 2009–2018
Figure 26: Hong Kong HNWIs – Wealth by Wealth Band (US$ Billion), 2009–2018
Figure 27: Hong Kong HNWIs – Wealth per Capita (US$ Million), 2009–2018
Inquiry For Buying
COVID-19 Pandemic Impacts
Our Analysts and Consultants are working ceaselessly to congregate, identify, analyze, and portray the Actual Impacts of COVID-19 Global Pandemic in each of our published as well as ongoing research reports to Redefine and Revise Current and Future Market Trends, Growth Rates, And Market Size Projections across the Globe as well as in different Regions and individual Countries.
Medical QMS Software-United States Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-India Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-China Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-Asia Pacific Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-EMEA Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025View More
Along with 7 Realme Products, Realme Buds Q TWS Earbuds Will Also be Launched on May 25
Realme has added an addition in its product portfolio, i.e., the completely wireless headset Realm
iOS 13.5 and iPaDOS 13.5 Released by Apple Includes Features Relevant with COVID-19
Apple released its iOS 13.5 and iPadOS 13.5 that includes features that are appropriate for post-C
Canada and the US will no Longer Find Talc-based Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder
On Tuesday, Johnson Johnson made an official announcement that talc-based Johnsons Baby Powder wi
Foreign Investments being pulled out from Asian Countries
The world is facing one of deadliest recession of all times and amidst all these the foreign inves
Claims from the British American Tobacco that Coronavirus Vaccine Prepared by them is Ready for Human Trials
Every other region and institutions are trying out their level hard to find vaccination for COVID-