HNWI Asset Allocation in the US 2014
Published: Dec-2014 | Format: PDF | WealthInsight | Number of pages: 61 | Code: MRS - 2136
- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in the US.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2008 (the peak before the global financial crisis) and the end of 2013. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
This report provides the latest asset allocations of the US HNWIs across 13 asset classes. The report also includes projections of the volume, wealth and asset allocations of the US HNWIs to 2018 and a comprehensive and robust background of the local economy.
- Independent market sizing of the US HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2009 to 2013
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2018
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons To Buy
- The HNWI Asset Allocation in the US 2014 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- With the wealth report as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2018.
- In 2013, business interests made up the largest asset class for US HNWIs, accounting for 29.9% of the total HNWI assets, followed by equities with 28.8%, real estate with 16.8%, fixed-income with 10.5%, cash and deposits with 8.3%, and alternatives with 5.8%.
- Equities, business interests and alternatives recorded growth at respective review-period rates of 86.2%, 38.5% and 32.7%.
- Alternative assets held by US HNWIs decreased during the review period from 6.1% of the total HNWI assets in 2009 to 5.8% in 2013. HNWI allocations to commodities increased from 1.2% of the total assets in 2009 to 1.4% in 2013.
- Allocations in commodities are expected to decline over the forecast period, reaching 1.1% of the total HNWI assets by 2018, as global liquidity tightens from an expected drop in demand from China for raw materials, which will cause global commodity prices to flatten.
- In 2013, US HNWI liquid assets amounted to US$10.0 trillion, representing 47.4% of the total wealth holdings.
List of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: Cities in the US by Population (Volume), 2013
Table 3: US Allocations of HNWI Assets (%), 2009–2018
Table 4: US HNWI Holdings Growth (%), 2009–2018
Table 5: US HNWI Alternative Asset Composition (%), 2009–2018
Table 6: US HNWI Trends of Investments in Alternative Assets (%), 2009–2018
Table 7: US Trends in ‘Art, Wine and Wheels’, 2009–2013
Table 8: Global Prime Real Estate Prices per m2 (US$), 2014
Table 9: US HNWI Foreign Investment Allocations (%), 2009–2018
Table 10: US HNWI Liquidity Breakdown (US$ Billion), 2009–2018
Table 11: US HNWI Liquidity Breakdown (%), 2009–2018
Table 12: US UHNWI Allocations and Share of HNWI Assets (%), 2013
Table 13: US Income Tax Bands (USD), 2013–2014
Table 14: US Real GDP Growth (%), 2009–2018
Table 15: US GDP per Capita (US$), 2009–2018
Table 16: US Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion),2009–2013
Table 17: US Commodity Indices, 2009–2018
Table 18: US Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2009–2018
Table 19: US Inflation Rate (%), 2009–2018
Table 20: US Money Market Rate (%), 2009–2018
Table 21: US Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2009–2013
Table 22: US Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP, 2009–2018
Table 23: US Stock Market Performance, 2009–2013
Table 24: US HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio, 2009–2018
Table 25: US – Appendix One
Table 26: US – Appendix Two
List of Figures
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Map of the US
Figure 3: US Asset Price Performance (%), 2009–2013
Figure 4: US HNWI Performance (US$ Billion and HNWI Volume), 2009–2018
Figure 5: US Vs Global HNWIs (%), 2009–2018
Figure 6: US HNWI Asset Class Composition (%), 2009–2018
Figure 7: US HNWI Trends in Alternative Assets (US$ Billion), 2009–2018
Figure 8: US Trends in ‘Art, Wine and Wheels’, 2009–2013
Figure 9: US HNWI Foreign Investment Allocations and Growth (%), 2013
Figure 10: US HNWI Global Distribution of Foreign Investments (%), 2009–2018
Figure 11: US HNWI Liquidity Breakdown (%), 2009–2018
Figure 12: US UHNWI Asset Class Composition (%), 2009–2018
Figure 13: US Real GDP Growth (%), 2009–2018
Figure 14: US GDP per Capita (US$), 2009–2018
Figure 15: US Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2009–2013
Figure 16: US Commodity Indices, 2009–2018
Figure 17: US Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2009–2018
Figure 18: US Inflation Rate (%), 2009–2018
Figure 19: US Money Market Rate (%), 2009–2018
Figure 20: US Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2009–2013
Figure 21: US Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP, 2009–2018
Figure 22: US Stock Market Performance, 2009–2013
Figure 23: US HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio, 2009–2018
Figure 24: US HNWIs – Volume by Wealth Band, 2009–2018
Figure 25: US HNWIs – Wealth by Wealth Band (US$ Billion), 2009–2018
Figure 26: US HNWIs – Wealth per Capita (US$ Million), 2009–2018
Inquiry For Buying
COVID-19 Pandemic Impacts
Our Analysts and Consultants are working ceaselessly to congregate, identify, analyze, and portray the Actual Impacts of COVID-19 Global Pandemic in each of our published as well as ongoing research reports to Redefine and Revise Current and Future Market Trends, Growth Rates, And Market Size Projections across the Globe as well as in different Regions and individual Countries.
Medical QMS Software-United States Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-India Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-China Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-Asia Pacific Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-EMEA Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025View More
Canada and the US will no Longer Find Talc-based Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder
On Tuesday, Johnson Johnson made an official announcement that talc-based Johnsons Baby Powder wi
Foreign Investments being pulled out from Asian Countries
The world is facing one of deadliest recession of all times and amidst all these the foreign inves
Claims from the British American Tobacco that Coronavirus Vaccine Prepared by them is Ready for Human Trials
Every other region and institutions are trying out their level hard to find vaccination for COVID-
Heavy Rains In Manglore; City is in Yellow Alert
Cyclone Amphan is approaching the Indian Coast and its effect was visible in states such as Odisha
Huawei Watch GT 2e will be soon Launching in India; Surprisingly will Cost Less than in China
The outbreak of the pandemic COVID-19 in the year 2019 has drastically affected in many ways globa