Insight Report: The Rise of Luxury Goods in Emerging Cities 2019
Published: Sep-2015 | Format: PDF | WealthInsight | Number of pages: 65 | Code: MRS - 35304
- This report adopts a city-focused approach and looks at the market growth potential of 10 emerging cities for luxury brand expansion, as driven by the strong growth of HNWIs and UHNWIs living in cities, urbanization, the emerging middle class, and promising economic outlook.
- It provides an in-depth market analysis of 10 selected emerging cities as potential markets for luxury brands: they are Shanghai, Mumbai, Mexico City, Istanbul, Bangkok, Tel Aviv, Jakarta, Kula Lumpur, Ho Chi Minh City and Lagos.
- The report first looks at the significance of the selected cities, analyzes demand, and identifies key market players. This is followed by an in-depth analysis of key trends and challenges facing the 10 cities studied.
- The report also highlights strategies adopted by luxury brands to convey a consistent prestige brand experience, while adapting to local demand.
The world economy is experiencing a strong shift towards emerging markets, and the luxury industry is no exception. Driven by a strong desire to show off financial stability and success, luxury brands and wealth in emerging markets have become inseparable. The luxury market size of the 10 selected cities was estimated at US$29.41 billion in 2014. As the global economy continues to shift towards emerging markets in the next decades, growth of the luxury industry in these cities is expected to be buoyant.
An exception to this is Shanghai, which has slowed down, while the growth of the luxury market in other emerging cities studied is expected to be strong over the forecast period, at CAGRs of over 15%. Cities with smaller luxury markets such as Lagos, Kula Lumpur and Ho Chi Minh City are the ones to watch, while traditional markets such as Shanghai and Bangkok show slower growth. Jakarta and Tel Aviv are the upcoming markets, while Mexico City, Mumbai and Istanbul offer the most promising prospects for expansion.
When expanding in emerging cities, luxury brands must take into consideration diversity in wealth, culture, types of potential, existing customers and local regulations in emerging markets. This report aims to help luxury companies to better understand local market conditions in emerging cities, and to keep up with the latest market trends.
The report covers the following areas:
- Attitudes of suppliers and wealthy consumers towards luxury brands in emerging cities
- The rise of luxury brands in emerging cities
- Market size, key trends and challenges facing luxury brands in emerging cities
- Strategies for targeting HNWIs and UHNWIs through luxury brands
Reasons to buy
- Understand the significance of the 10 selected emerging cities for luxury brands market expansion and be aware of key market trends in each city.
- Be informed about market size and market forecast of luxury goods in the 10 selected emerging cities under four categories namely high-end fashion (apparel, footwear and handbags), jewelry and watches, spirits and wine and high-end cars.
- Be aware of the attitudes of luxury companies and wealthy consumers to luxury brands in emerging cities.
- Make informed decisions with regards to luxury brands growth and build better business strategies to target wealthy consumers.
- The luxury market size of the 10 selected cities is estimated at US$29.41 billion in 2014, and is expected to reach US$62.6 billion in 2019.
- Istanbul, Mumbai and Mexico City are the top three emerging cities to target for luxury brands.
- Lagos is small luxury goods market, but strong growth is expected over the forecast period.
- Counterfeit products continue to be one of the most pressing challenges facing luxury goods in Shanghai, Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta, Mumbai and Bangkok.
Table of Contents
1.1 What is this Report About?
1.2 Definitions and Scope
2 Executive Summary
3 Attitudes of Suppliers and Wealthy Consumers to Luxury Brands in Emerging Cities
4 The Rise of Luxury Brands in Emerging Cities
4.1 The 10 Emerging Cities as a Target for Luxury Brands
4.2 Demand for Luxury Brands in Emerging Cities
4.2.1 Domestic demand
4.2.2 International demand
4.3 Key Players
4.3.1 High-end fashion
4.3.2 Luxury jewelry and watches
4.3.3 Luxury cars
5 Market Size and Key Trends of Luxury Goods in Emerging Cities
5.1.1 Market size and market forecast of luxury goods
5.1.2 Key market trends and developments
5.1.3 Key challenges
5.2.1 Market size and market forecast of luxury goods
5.2.2 Key market trends and developments
5.2.3 Key challenges
5.3 Mexico City
5.3.1 Market size and market forecast of luxury goods
5.3.2 Key market trends and developments
5.3.3 Key challenges
5.4.1 Market size and market forecast of luxury goods
5.4.2 Key market trends and developments
5.4.3 Key challenges
5.5.1 Market size and market forecast of luxury goods
5.5.2 Key market trends and developments
5.5.3 Key challenges
5.6 Tel Aviv
5.6.1 Market size and market forecast of luxury goods
5.6.2 Key market trends and developments
5.6.3 Key challenges
5.7.1 Market size and market forecast of luxury goods
5.7.2 Key market trends and developments
5.7.3 Key challenges
5.8 Kuala Lumpur
5.8.1 Market size and market forecast of luxury goods
5.8.2 Key market trends and developments
5.8.3 Key challenges
5.9 Ho Chi Minh City
5.9.1 Market size and market forecast of luxury goods
5.9.2 Key market trends and developments
5.9.3 Key challenges
5.10.1 Market size and market forecast of luxury goods
5.10.2 Key market trends and developments
5.10.3 Key challenges
6 New Ways to target HNWIs and UHNWIs through Luxury Brands
6.1 Expansion Strategy
6.2 Client Strategy
6.3 Marketing Strategy
7 Appendix I
8 About WealthInsight
List of Table
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions 7
Table 2: Key Drivers of the Luxury Goods Market in Emerging Cities 15
Table 3: HNWI Populations in Emerging Cities, 2010–2019 18
Table 4: UHNWI Populations in Emerging Cities, 2007–2024 20
Table 5: Overnight Visitors to Key Emerging Cities, and Expenditure, 2013–2014 22
Table 6: Market Size of the Luxury Industry in Shanghai (US$ Million), 2010–2019 26
Table 7: Market Size of the Luxury Industry in Mumbai (US$ Million), 2010–2019 30
Table 8: Market Size of the Luxury Industry in Mexico City (US$ Million), 2010–2019 32
Table 9: Market Size of the Luxury Industry in Istanbul (US$ Million), 2010–2019 34
Table 10: Market Size of the Luxury Industry in Bangkok (US$ Million), 2010–2019 38
Table 11: Market Size of the Luxury Industry in Tel Aviv (US$ Million), 2011–2020 40
Table 12: Market Size of the Luxury Industry in Jakarta (US$ Million), 2011–2020 42
Table 13: Market Size of the Luxury Industry in Kuala Lumpur (US$ Million), 2010–2019 44
Table 14: Market Size of the Luxury Industry in Ho Chi Minh City (US$ Million), 2011–2020 46
Table 15: Market Size of Luxury Industry in Lagos in US$ Millions, 2011–2020 49
Table 16: Key Expansion Strategies of Luxury Brands in Emerging Markets 51
Table 17: Key Client Strategies of Luxury Brands in Emerging Markets 53
Table 18: Key Marketing Strategies of Luxury Brands in Emerging Markets 54
Table 19: High-End Fashion Flagship Stores in Key Emerging Cities, 2015 57
Table 20: Luxury Watch and Jewelry Flagship Stores in Key Emerging Cities, 2015 58
Table 21: Luxury Car Dealers in Key Emerging Cities, 2015 59
List of Chart
Figure 1: HNWIs in Emerging Cities by Gender, 2014 20
Figure 2: HNWIs in Emerging Cities by Age Group, 2014 21
Figure 3: Flagship Stores in Top 10 Emerging Cities, 2015 56
Inquiry For Buying
COVID-19 Pandemic Impacts
Our Analysts and Consultants are working ceaselessly to congregate, identify, analyze, and portray the Actual Impacts of COVID-19 Global Pandemic in each of our published as well as ongoing research reports to Redefine and Revise Current and Future Market Trends, Growth Rates, And Market Size Projections across the Globe as well as in different Regions and individual Countries.
Global White Marble Market Report 2020 - Industry Research Report
Global Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging Market Report 2020 - Industry Research Report
Global Hydro Processing Catalysts Market Report 2020 - Industry Research Report
Global Substation Automation Market Report 2020 - Industry Research Report
Global Direct Marketing Services Market Report 2020 - Industry Research ReportView More
Researchers Find A Shape Memory Possessing Wool-Like Material
Hair straightening is a quite cumbersome task as it is very time-consuming and also difficult to g
Researchers Develop A Superior Quality Transparent Ceramics
Researchers have recently developed a low phonon energy gain materials featured mid-infrared laser
Fungi Is The New Cost-Effective Source Of Synthetic Leather
Leather is a costly and trending material that has been doing the rounds in the fashion industry s
Brown Fat Cell Transplantation Give New Hope To Obese Folks
Type 2 diabetes is found to accompany obesity, which is currently found to affect millions across
Women Have A More Appealing Jewelry-Based Contraceptive Technique Coming
Family planning is the new trend followed by couples in order to settle down before welcoming a ne