Panama: Operators Await Release of 700MHz Spectrum to Drive 4G Adoption and Revenue
Published: Mar-2015 | Format: PDF | Pyramid Research | Number of pages: 31 | Code: MRS - 13118
'Panama: Operators Await Release of 700MHz Spectrum to Drive 4G Adoption and Revenue,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Panama's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Panamanian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- Panama's telecom and pay-TV market generated an estimated $1.4bn in service revenue in 2014, 5.4% more than in 2013. The mobile voice and data segments alone generated 65.5% of total revenue for the segment in 2014, while the fixed broadband Internet, voice and pay-TV segments accounted for the remaining 34.5%.
- Panama's penetration rate of 172.4% is well above the Latin American average of 119.5%. Panama's unusually high penetration rate is mainly due to a higher incidence of multi-SIM ownership, resulting from price-conscious users acquiring several prepaid SIM cards in order to benefit from as many low-cost deals as possible.
- By year-end 2014, Panama reached a fixed voice penetration of population rate of 15.2%, in line with the Latin America average of 15.1%. Over the forecast period, we expect that the fixed voice penetration rate will continue declining to 13.5% by year-end 2019
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Panama today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Panama telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Panama compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Panama.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Panama's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Panama's telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Panama mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Panama's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Panama.
Executive summary Market and competitor overview Regional context Economic, demographic and political context Regulatory environment Demand profile Service evolution Competitive landscape Major market players Segment analysis Mobile services Fixed services Pay-TV Identifying opportunities Overall market opportunities
Inquiry For Buying
COVID-19 Pandemic Impacts
Our Analysts and Consultants are working ceaselessly to congregate, identify, analyze, and portray the Actual Impacts of COVID-19 Global Pandemic in each of our published as well as ongoing research reports to Redefine and Revise Current and Future Market Trends, Growth Rates, And Market Size Projections across the Globe as well as in different Regions and individual Countries.
Medical QMS Software-United States Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-India Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-China Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-Asia Pacific Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-EMEA Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025View More
AstraZeneca Plans to Begin with Making a Potential Vaccine for Coronavirus
AstraZeneca, the drug company, has decided to manufacture the potential vaccine for COVID-19. Pa
Children’s Lives are at Risk by Stalled Vaccine Programmes
Experts are warning that millions of children have the probability of dying from preventable disea
Russian President Putin has declared State of Emergency
Putin has declared state of emergency owing to the oil spill in the Arctic Circle. The fuel tank a
Coronavirus has a Mysterious Connection with the Heart
In COVID-19 disease, the virus mainly attacks the lungs. But, the doctors have found cases where t
No Celebration; No Champagne; Champagne Sales Fizzling
The whole world is fighting against coronavirus. People are getting infected; people are dying; pe