Smoking Cessation - Data, Analysis & Forecasts to 2023
Published: Oct-2013 | Format: PDF | GMR Data | Number of pages: 101 | Code: MRS - 859
Smoking Cessation - Data, Analysis & Forecasts till 2023'
Pharmaceutical, Commercial & Strategic Developments in the Global Smoking Cessation Market 2013-2023
In April 2013 the US Food & Drug Agency (FDA) announced its plan to relax rules regarding the use and labelling of over-the-counter nicotine replacement therapies.
On April 1st 2013, FDA Commissioner Margaret A. Hamburg M.D. stated, The agency heard from several public health groups that the labelling for OTC NRT products may stop consumers who are trying to quit smoking from using them. The FDA hopes the recommended changes will allow more people to use these products effectively for smoking cessation and that tobacco dependence will decline in this country. Will new changes increase take-up of smoking cessation products This report tells you.
The global smoking cessation market is forecast to reach $4.4bn in 2023, but what will it be this year Next year and in 5 years time
GMR Datas new smoking cessation report outlines the key factors affecting the market across the forecast period 2013-2023. The report outlines essential drivers and restraints in all key global geographies.
Nicoderm and Habitrol are the primary NRT products on the market, accounting for over 80% of the global NRT market revenue in 2013. Bupropion and Varenicline are the major products in the prescription drug segment of the smoking cessation market. But what are the 5 key drivers of the global smoking cessation market
- 1) Increased health care / health education in many geographies
- 2) Adoption of smoking cessation products onto health insurance policies
- 3) Increasing number of smoking cessation products emerging onto the market
- 4) Emergence of e-cigarettes onto the global market
- 5) Over 1bn smokers worldwide
This report analysis your market, in key geographic segments; explains in which direction each key market will grow across the next 10 years, and why. Can you afford to ignore this report
Key challenges for you & your competition
- The key challenges that must be faced in the smoking cessation market include; a weak R&D pipeline, off putting side effects affecting key smoking cessation drugs and the challenge of multiple e-cigarette brands encroaching the traditional NRT marketplace.
- Only by ordering this in-depth exclusive report will you have full access to the unique findings. This information is not available anywhere else. Find full details of these approved drugs alongside key cancer drugs in their testing phases in this new GMR Data report.
- This report also breaks down the market in terms of current smoking cessation drugs and products that occupy the market at present; examining the key prescription and OTC drugs that drive the market. In addition to this crucial information this report offers analysis and opinion on current R&D in the smoking cessation sector alongside in depth analysis of the emerging, global e-cigarette market.
Discover exactly what the industry leaders are doing TODAY -
- Within GMR Datas Smoking Cessation - Data, Analysis & Forecasts to 2023 we analyse the key cessation products and drugs in the market currently and how they will perform across the next decade.
- Our study focuses on the individual revenues of the top Smoking Cessation products. With variable patents and the threat of generics, how will these key products fare across the next decade ONLY THIS UNIQUE REPORT WILL TELL YOU
- We also include analysis of key NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapies such as NicoDerm CQ; Nicotrol; Habitrol (Nicotinell) and Nicorette. Also analysed are the prescription drugs for smoking cessation, such as: Chantix (by Pfizer): Varenicline and Zyban / Wellbutrin (by GSK): bupropion.
- With assessment of the leading players in smoking cessation including: Pfizer; GlaxoSmithKline (GSK); Novartis; Johnson & Johnson (J&J); Perrigo; Sophomore and Extab plus 22nd Century Group, Inc.
- PLUS In-depth country analysis Discover which countries and regions will drive the smoking cessation drugs market to 2023
- Prescription drugs in the smoking cessation have proved popular and, to some extent, effective. However, side effects and increasingly severe FDA warnings have put some potential customers off. What this means is that there is still space in the market for new pipeline drugs, with fewer side effects and greater efficacy.
- But how will these prescription markets develop This report will tell you - TODAY
Industry information sourced exclusively for this report. This information is not available anywhere else
- Utilising primary and secondary research sources, GMR Data have interviewed leading smoking cessation specialists within big pharma, R&D, wholesalers, distributors, marketeers and key organisations. From these interviews we have selected original, exclusive, transcribed interviews with leading specialists in their field This information is not available anywhere else.
- This GMR Data report is the single tool to equip you with the latest trends in all regional markets and why all stakeholders demand development of Smoking Cessation products. This report will arm you with all you and your company require to develop, price, launch and market a smoking cessation product.
- With over 100+ pages, and over 85+ pages of charts, tables, figures and graphs, this dedicated specialist report will ensure you remain equipped and fully informed, to succeed in this competitive market.
Table of Content
Pharmaceutical, Commercial, & Strategic Developments in the Global Smoking Cessation Market
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Smoking Cessation Market Review
1.2. Chapter Breakdown
1.3. Research and Analysis Methods
2 Introduction to Smoking Cessation
2.1. Smoking Cessation Treatment Overview
2.1.1. Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)
2.1.2. Non-NRT Therapy
2.2. Global Tobacco Consumption Prevalence, Trends & Impact
2.2.1. Prevalence of Death Caused due to Tobacco
2.2.2. Second-Hand Smoking
2.2.3. Increased Awareness of Health Implications in Relation to Smoking
2.2.4. Enforcement of Bans on Tobacco Product Advertising & Promotions
2.2.5. Increased Taxation
3 Smoking Cessation Market Forecasts
3.1. Global Smoking Cessation Market
3.1.1. Global Smoking Cessation Market
3.1.2. Global Prescription Drugs Smoking Cessation Market
4 Key Global Smoking Cessation Markets 2013-2023
4.1. The US Smoking Cessation Market - Set to Occupy 45-50% of the Global Market Across 2013- 2023
4.2. The UK Smoking Cessation Market - How Will This Mature Market Grow Through 2013-2023?
4.3. The France Smoking Cessation Market - How Much of the Global Smoking Cessation Market Will France Occupy to 2023?
4.4. The German Smoking Cessation Market - Will Reduced German Tobacco Consumption Drive The Smoking Cessation Market?
4.5. The Spanish Smoking Cessation Market - The Strictest Anti-Smoking Laws in the EU, How Will This Affect The Spanish Smoking Cessation Market?
4.6. The Italian Smoking Cessation Market - How Will Strong E-cigarette Sales Affect Other NRT Products in the Italian Smoking Cessation Market?
4.7. The Japanese Smoking Cessation Market - Why Does GMR Data Forecast a Low Growth Rate in the Japanese Smoking Cessation Market?
4.8. The Rest of World Smoking Cessation Market - How Will Emerging Markets, Such as India & China, Affect theGlobal Smoking Cessation Market Across 2013-2023?
5 Nicotine Replacement Therapies (NRT) Market
5.1. NicoDerm CQ
6 Prescription Drugs Smoking Cessation Market
6.1.Chantix (by Pfizer): Varenicline
6.2.Zyban / Wellbutrin (by GSK): bupropion
7 Leading Companies in the Global Smoking Cessation Market
7.2. GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
7.4. Johnson & Johnson (J&J)
7.6. Sophomore and Extab
7.7. 22nd Century Group, Inc.
8 SWOT Analysis of the Smoking Cessation Market
8.1.1. FDA Relaxation in the NRT Market
8.1.2. Increased Insurance Cover for Smoking Cessation Products
8.1.3. Strong Mature Markets
8.2.1. Weak R&D pipeline for the smoking cessation market
8.2.2. Side Effects to Current Drugs/Therapies on the Market
220.127.116.11. E-cigarettes Legal Status
18.104.22.168. E-cigarettes Background
22.214.171.124. Geographic Breakdown & Market Share for E-cigarettes
126.96.36.199. Market Forecast
188.8.131.52. E-cigarette Industry Regulation
8.3.2. Future Research on Drugs/Therapies Currently on the Market
8.3.3. Strong Emerging Markets
8.4.1. Pool of Smokers Greatly Reduced in Some Key Markets
8.4.2. New Drug / Product threat
9 Expert Interviews
9.2. Elder Pharmaceuticals
List of Tables
Table 2.2.1 Prevalence of tobacco use among adults in selected countriesmales and females, 2010
Table 2.2.2: Non-Smoking Adults Working Indoors Who Are Exposed to Second-hand Tobacco Smoke, 2008 2010
Table 2.2.3: BRIC Population, GDP per Capita 2000 & 2010 ($/per annum)
Table 184.108.40.206: Smokers Reporting Six Months Continued Cessation with Different Interventions
Table 220.127.116.11: Adult Smokers Who Do Not Believe, or Do Not Know That Smoking Causes Specific Diseases, by Country
Table 3.1 Global Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2013-2023 ($m)
Table 3.1.a: Key NRT Products Revenue Forecast 2013, 2018 & 2023 ($/m)
Table 3.1.b Global Smoking Cessation Market - Breakdown ($m)
Table 3.1.1 Global NRT Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2013-2023 ($/m)
Table 3.1.2 Global Prescription Drugs Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2013-2023 ($/m)
Table 4.a The Global Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2012 -2023, by Country ($/m per annum)
Table 4.b Key Countries CAGR 2013-2023 (%)
Table 4.c Estimated Smoking Cessation Market Share for Selected Countries 2013, 2018 and 2023 (%)
Table 4.1 the US Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2011-2023 ($/m)
Table 4.2 the UK Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2012-2023 ($/m)
Table 4.2.1 EU5 Total Population & Population of Smokers 2012
Table 4.3 the France Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2011-2023 ($ Million)
Table 4.4 the German Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2011-2023 ($/m)
Table 4.4.1 Amount of Tobacco Sold in Germany 1995-2010 (Tonnes)
Table 4.5 the Spanish Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2011-2023 ($ Million)
Table 4.5.1 The number of smokers in Spain (Million)
Table 4.6 The Italian Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2011-2023 ($/m)
Table 4.7 the Japanese Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2011-2023 ($/m)
Table 4.8 The Rest of the World Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2011-2023 ($ Million)
Table 4.8.1 Estimated Smoking Cessation Market Share for Selected Countries 2013, 2018 and 2023 (%)
Table 4.8.2 BRIC Population, GDP 2000 & 2010, CAGR & GDP per Capita 2000 & 2010 ($/per annum)
Table 5.1 Market Forecast for Nicoderm CQ 2013-2023
Table 5.2 Global Nicotrol Market 2010-2012 ($m)
Table 5.2.1 Global Nicotrol Market Forecast 2013-2023 ($/m)
Table 5.3 Market Forecast for Habitrol/Nicotinell 2013-2023
Table 5.4 Market Forecast for Nicorette 2013-2023
Table 6 Tobacco Cessation Medications and Associated Side Effects
Table 6.1 Global Chantix/ Champix Market 2008 2012
Table 6.1.a Market Forecast for Chantix / Champix 2013-2023
Table 6.2 Market Forecast for Zyban 2013-2023
Table 7.1 Pfizer Smoking Cessation Pipeline
Table 7.2 Global Chantix / Champix Market 2008-2012
Table 7.3 Market Forecast for Chantix / Champix 2013-2023
Table 7.4 Market Forecast for Zyban 2013-2023
Table 8 SWOT Analysis
Table 8.1.3 US, UK, France & Japanese Smoking Cessation Markets 2012-2016 ($/ per annum)
Table 8.2.1 NRT Products Pipeline
Table 8.2.1.a Smoking Cessation Drugs /Products Pipeline
Table 8.2.2 Side Effects of major smoking cessation products
Table 18.104.22.168 Major E-cigarette Brands
Table 22.214.171.124 Market Forecast for E-Cigarettes 2013-2023
Table 126.96.36.199.a Costs per pack of cigarettes in Key countries
Table 8.3.3ROW Smoking Cessation Market Share 2013
Table 8.3.3.a Chinese & Indian Populations, Number of Smokers, GDP in 2000 & 2010 ($)
List of Figures
Figure 2.2.1: Prevalence of tobacco use among adults in selected countriesmales and females, 2010
Figure 188.8.131.52 Global Market Size as per Skin Cancer Type Incidences
Figure 2.2.2 Non-Smoking Adults Working Indoors Who Are Exposed to Second-hand Tobacco Smoke, 2008 2010
Figure 2.2.3 Adult Smokers Who Do Not Believe, or Do Not Know That Smoking Causes Specific Diseases, by Country
Chart 2.2.5: Average Retail Price and Taxation (Excise and Total) of Most Sold Brands of Cigarettes, 2010
Figure 3.1 Global Smoking Cessation Market Forecasts 2013 to 2023
Figure 3.1.1 Global NRT Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2013-2023
Figure 3.1.1.a Global NRT Smoking Cessation Market Share by Product Type
Figure 3.1.2 Global Prescription Drugs Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2013-2023
GMR Data 2013
Figure 4.a Global Market Share for Selected Countries 2013
Figure 4.b Global Market Share for Selected Countries 2018
Figure 4.c Global Market Share for Selected Countries 2023
Figure4.1. The US Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2012-2023 ($/m)
Figure 4.2 Retail Sales of NRT Products in the UK 2012
Figure 4.2.a. The UK Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2012-2023 ($ Million)
Figure 4.3. The France Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2012-2023 ($ Million)
Figure 4.4 The German Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2012-2023 ($ Million)
Figure 4.5. The Spanish Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2012-2023 ($ Million)
Figure 4.6 The Italian Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2012-2023 ($/m)
Figure 4.7 The Japanese Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2012-2023 ($ Million)
Figure 4.8 The ROW Smoking Cessation Market Forecast 2012-2023 ($ Million)
Figure 5.1 Market Forecast for Nicoderm CQ 2013-2023
Figure 5.1.a Geographic Breakdown for Nicoderm CQ 2012 & 2023
Figure 5.2 Global Revenue for Nicotrol 2010-2012
Figure 5.2.1 Global Market Forecast for Nicotrol 2013-2023
Figure 5.3 Market Forecast for Habitrol/Nicotinell 2013-2023
Figure 5.4 Market Forecast for Nicorette 2013-2023
Figure 6.1 Global Chantix/ Champix Market 2008 2012
Figure 6.1.a Global Chantix/ Champix Market 2013 2023
Figure 6.1.b Geographic Breakdown for Chantix / Champix 2012 & 2023
Figure 6.2 Global Zyban Market 2013 2023
Figure 184.108.40.206 Geographic Breakdown
Figure 220.127.116.11.1 Market Share of e-cigarette Sales in the US Convenience Stores by Brand
Figure 18.104.22.168 Market Forecast for E-Cigarettes 2013-2023
Inquiry For Buying
COVID-19 Pandemic Impacts
Our Analysts and Consultants are working ceaselessly to congregate, identify, analyze, and portray the Actual Impacts of COVID-19 Global Pandemic in each of our published as well as ongoing research reports to Redefine and Revise Current and Future Market Trends, Growth Rates, And Market Size Projections across the Globe as well as in different Regions and individual Countries.
Medical QMS Software-United States Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-India Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-China Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-Asia Pacific Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025
Medical QMS Software-EMEA Market Status and Trend Report 2020-2025View More
Along with 7 Realme Products, Realme Buds Q TWS Earbuds Will Also be Launched on May 25
Realme has added an addition in its product portfolio, i.e., the completely wireless headset Realm
iOS 13.5 and iPaDOS 13.5 Released by Apple Includes Features Relevant with COVID-19
Apple released its iOS 13.5 and iPadOS 13.5 that includes features that are appropriate for post-C
Canada and the US will no Longer Find Talc-based Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder
On Tuesday, Johnson Johnson made an official announcement that talc-based Johnsons Baby Powder wi
Foreign Investments being pulled out from Asian Countries
The world is facing one of deadliest recession of all times and amidst all these the foreign inves
Claims from the British American Tobacco that Coronavirus Vaccine Prepared by them is Ready for Human Trials
Every other region and institutions are trying out their level hard to find vaccination for COVID-